- in order to perform our contractual obligations to you
- based on our legitimate interest for processing (i.e. for internal administrative purposes or for the detection or prevention of crime)
Who we are?
How we collect information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- register to use our websites, applications or services (including free trials); this may include your name (including business name), address, email address and telephone number – we may also ask you to provide additional information about your business and your preferences
- provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any websites, applications or services we make available or when you update those details
- contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post
How we collect information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
- provide information and services that you have requested or any application, products or services you have ordered
- provide, maintain, protect and improve any application, products or services you have ordered
- manage and administer your use of applications, products and services you have asked us to provide
- manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities)
- monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, applications and services and provide an enhanced, personal, user experience for you
- undertake internal testing of our website, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security and performance – in these circumstances, we would anonymise any information used for such testing purposes
- provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations
- detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crime, illegal or prohibited activities or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes)
- contact you to see if you would like to take part in our customer research (for example, feedback on your use of
our applications, products and services)
Our website, applications (including mobile applications) and services may contain technology that enables us to:
- check specific information from your device or systems directly relevant to your use of the websites, applications or services against our records to make sure the websites, applications or services are being used in accordance with our end-user agreements and to troubleshoot any problems
- obtain information relating to any technical errors or other issues with our website, applications and services
collect information about how you and users use the functions of the features of our website, applications and services
gather statistical information about the environment from which you access our applications or service
You can manage your privacy settings within your browser or our applications and services (where applicable).
We may obtain information through mobile applications that you or your users install on their mobile devices to access and use our website, applications or services or that you or your users use to provide other services related to that mobile application (for example, to sync information from our application or service with such mobile application). Mobile applications may provide us with information related to a user’s use of that mobile application and use of our applications and services accessed using that mobile application. We may use such information to provide and improve the mobile application or our own application or services. For example, activity undertaken within our mobile application may be logged.
Analytics and benchmarking
We may use information generated and stored during your use of our services for our legitimate business interests to enable us to give you the best service and/or solutions and the best experience. These purposes include to:
- carry out research and development to improve our services, products and applications
develop and provide new and existing functionality and services (including statistical analysis, benchmarking and forecasting services)
- provide you with location-based services (for example location relevant content) where we collect geo-location data to provide a relevant experience
Whenever we use your information for our legitimate interests, we will ensure that your information is processed on a pseudonymised basis and displayed at aggregated levels, which will not be linked back to you or to any living individual. You have the right to object to processing based on our legitimate interests, and if you wish to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this further. If you object, this may affect our ability to provide certain services and / or solutions for your benefit.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) or third parties that process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested
- third parties used to facilitate payment transactions, for example clearing houses, clearing systems, financial institutions and transaction beneficiaries
- credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
- law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime or prosecute offenders
- any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully (e.g. in response to a court order)
- any third party to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts
- another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets
- another organisation to whom we may transfer our agreement with you; and Government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our applications, products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by selecting your contact preferences at the point where you provide us with your information on our websites, applications or services, using any preference centres we give you access to or by sending us an email to email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from any email marketing using the links provided in the emails we send to you.
Your information and rights
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information
- the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”)
- where the processing of your information is based on your consent,
- the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions
- the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling
the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (e.g. in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office)
Changes to this policy
Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information that is transmitted to our website, applications or services or to other website, applications and services via an internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our websites, applications or services please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
Other sites and social media
Cookies, analytics, and traffic data
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are needed for our websites, applications or services to function properly, for example, these cookies allow you to access secure areas of our applications.
Performance cookies and analytics technologies
These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our websites, applications, and services, for instance, which functionality visitors use most often, and if they get error messages from areas of the websites, applications, or services. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website, applications, and services work.
These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our websites, applications and services, for instance, which functionality visitors use most often, and if they get error messages from areas of the websites, applications or services. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website, applications and services work.
IP address and traffic data
We keep a record of traffic data that is logged automatically by our servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, the website that you visited before ours and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, application and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
By using our websites, applications or services you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
To find out more, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, or any other URL Google may provide from time to time).
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit:
How to disable cookies
You may be able to configure your browser or our website, application or service to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, applications or services. For more information about cookies and instructions n how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the www.allaboutcookies.org website.
Data Protection, asset55 Ltd, The Beam, Platers Way, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, England, SR1 3AD
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time.